cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I connect cSTM-1 interface of PA-MC-STM1 card to STM-1 interface of PA-STM-1 card?

netops044
Level 1
Level 1

Can I connect the STM-1 interfaces of PA-MC-STM1 card to PA-STM1 card? If so what are the configurations I should do to connect them. I am having 7206 with cSTM-1 interface and another 7206 with STM-1 interface. Do suggest on the configurations if do-able.

Thanks,

ramanan

4 Replies 4

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

CSTM-1 have some extra features which other card dont have so if you are configuriing features which are available on both cards you are fine. see if both are for single mode or Multimode.

For config hel see if this helps you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/port_adapters/install_upgrade/multichannel_serial/multichannel-stm-1_install_config/2746cnf.pdf

Hi,

I am not looking at enabling features on those interfaces, I would like to bring up a back to back connectivity of such different interfaces. The cSTM-1 is configured as per the guide, you will end up having c-12/v-12  container but for STM-1 interface the default container is complete VC-4 or AU-4. I did check by enabling all the 63 E1 on cSTM-1 on one side but they don't come up on connecting to STM-1 interface.

I guess there must be specific commands to make cSTM-1 interface work like STM-1 interface, if it supports, can you help me.

Thanks,

ramanan

I am not familiar with these modules (I can't even find info on the PA-STM-1 version).  This module may be designed for clear channel transport, not formatted into individual channels. Thus, it won't have the SDH pointers for lower level containers.

But, is the cSTM-1 side configured for TUG-3 so that it becomes VC-4/AU-4 mapped?

TUG-3 Mapping

you will end up having c-12/v-12  container but for STM-1 interface the default container is complete VC-4 or AU-4.

STM-1 is made up of 63E1(for this card you can have upto 256 channels as you can have subrate E1 PA-STM-1 also supports 256 both can go till E1 level) and you have to choose what kind of mapping you want to make AU4. see this link if it helps you. Have info how to configure subrate or unframed E1.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/port_adapters/install_upgrade/multichannel_serial/multichannel-stm-1_install_config/2746cnf.html

I did check by enabling all the 63 E1 on cSTM-1 on one side but they don't come up on connecting to STM-1 interface.

I dont know what do you mean by not comming up, can you paste your config and how are you testing  as E1 configured on one card have to match with E1 on other card . You cannot choos 2 different E1.

I guess there must be specific commands to make cSTM-1 interface work like STM-1 interface

Again, STM card is giving you STM 1 on line side but it can have upto 256 channel on your side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: