cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM V6.3 "Lost Connection to Firewall" ... Syslog Connection Lost

corygould
Level 1
Level 1

Experiencing a frustrating problem that I'm hoping others have experienced and been able to resolve. Running ASDM V6.3 connecting to a couple of ASA5580's V8.2. After initial configuration everything seemed to work great, however, as of a few days ago I can no longer view statistical information. I can attach to the devices without a problem, view and edit all configuration information but the dashboard applets do not pull or display any statistical info. Resource, Interface, and Traffic status all time out with the error "Lost Connetion to Firewall". The syslog info is not display rather the error "Syslog Lost Connection". My first thought was a java issue on the client. I have ripped out and reinstalled even back-revisioned to no avail. I'm to the point where a dumpe of the management workstation is the next step. I'd like to avoid that extreme if possible.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

astripat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cory,

Please ensure that you are not using "&" sign anywhere in the config (for e.g, acl or nameif etc). If os, replace it with something elase and check the status. If you still get the same error, send me the output of asdm handler which can be obtained using the following:

https://interface_ip/admin/asdm_handler

Here interface ip would be the ip address of the interface through whcih you are trying to access the asdm.

HTH

Ashu

503 Service Unavailable

fgatti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I have the same error and problem, with ASA5520 ASDM 6.4.(7) - ASA Version 8.2 (5). All other ASDM functions like view and edit configuration works fine, including the packet capture feature. I cannot see the statistics information of CPU; Memory, connections, drop packets, interface graphs, etc. There is an alert icon, at the ASDM, that indicates that the ASA Monitoring Connection is disconnected.

There isn't any "&" character in the whole configuration.

Did you resolve the problem? Thanks and regards.

Fernando.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card