cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip sla

WILLIAM STEGMAN
Level 4
Level 4

I just got a replacement 2901 due to a bad power supply and while configuring it to be put into production I've come across an inability to enter the ip sla 1 command.  I'm given a very limited amount of options, when I was expecting to be able to enter an entry #, enable, schedule, etc.  It looks like the NX-OS is universal.  There doesn't appear to be a need for a particular flavor in order to get certain commands.  I had this working on the router that went belly up and the feature is available on another 2900 I have at a different location.  Am I missing a prerequisite command?

thank you,

Bill

5 Replies 5

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Bill,

Check the running version of IOS on the device, you may be running a lower featured version.

HTH>

Hi Andrew.  That's what's a little confusing to me with the new, NextGen OS.  Their

is only one available flavor for download, and it reads universal, indicating to me that the nextgen stuff doesn't include choice like before, for example advanced or entriprise versions of IOS where you might have a feature like tracking or a protocol available like bgp.

Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(1)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Mon 22-Mar-10 02:13 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)M1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Hartford-RTR uptime is 20 hours, 9 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "flash:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-1.T.bin"
Last reload type: Normal Reload

have you checked the feafure navigator tool?

I found the navigator tool, and I see there are different flavors of IOS for version 15, but none of them appear when I go to

download an OS for my 2901.  These are the options I see.

Tools & Resources

Download Software

Step 1Select ProductStep 2Select Software TypeStep 3Select SoftwareStep 4Download
Routers > Cisco 2901 Integrated Services Router > IOS Software > 15.1.1T

Release 15.1.1T Software ( ED - Early Deployment )

Shopping Cart Download Cart (0 items)
Release Notes for 15.1(1)T

Click to sort in descending order

UNIVERSAL
c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-1.T.bin
Release Date: 26/Mar/2010
Size: 62990.27 KB  (64502036 bytes)
Minimum Memory: DRAM:512 MB  Flash:256 MB

UNIVERSAL - NO PAYLOAD ENCRYPTION
c2900-universalk9_npe-mz.SPA.151-1.T.bin
Release Date: 26/Mar/2010
Size: 60891.23 KB  (62352616 bytes)
Minimum Memory: DRAM:512 MB  Flash:256 MB

It looks like it is a licensing issue.  The replacement router only has a base license.  The interesting thing here is that apparently the IOS has changed a bit in that one image suits all, but the limitations are controlled by the license installed on the platform.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: