cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME Blocking inbound caller id on select IP phones

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I have a client with employees are getting selective on what calls to answer based on the caller id info.  Is there a way to disable the display of inbound caller id info on select ip phones?

The phones are 7941g/7911g.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One option would be to use a voice tranlsation rule/profile and apply the profile to the ephone-dn that should not receive caller ID.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I've used translation rules/profiles in the past but only on dial-peers...

Do you have a config example of how to set this up on a dn?  I don't have a CME system to test with as this is for a client.

You apply the translation profile to an ephone-dn in the same way that you would a dial peer:

ephone-dn 1

translation-profile incoming 1

Hope this helps.

Brandon

So setting this up will enable me to make any inbound call's caller ID change to whatever number I specify.

One question...though this will change the number, will it also affect the name portion of caller ID?

Sorry for all the questions but I can't get on site to test until my client authorizes the work, and they won't authorize the work if I'm not sure it will work.

Thanks again!

Hmm. Good question. I don't think the name will be affected which may defeat your purpose. Would need to test to be sure.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: