Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple E1 Trunks

radhesh_naik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to configure two e1 isdn trunks on the same H323 gateway, running UCM 7.1. I can't bundle the links here as the service provider does not support bundling. each trunk has its own range of DID numbers therefore i need to treat them seperately. also i need all users to get access to the pstn using a single access code of 9, regardless of which trunk line they are going out through, any idea how i can achieve this ?

Radhesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Radhesh,

You have two way to acheive this.

A. CUCM Configuration

B. Gateway configuration

A. CUCM configuration

1.  Create two partition pt91 and pt92. Configure css91 -> Pt91, css92->pt92

2. Configure two Route Pattern 9.@ or any other specific, put in partition pt91 and pt92

3. Discard digit pre-dot and add prefix 91 and 92 respectively,put them in pt91 nad pt92 partion

4. Assing css91 to line1 and css92 on line2. Do not use any css on Device level of the phone

B. Gateway Configuration

Lets say Line1 has number 1000 and line2 has number 2000

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /9\(..........\)/ /91\1/

voice translation-profile rule91

translate called 1

voice translation-rule 2

voice  translation-profile rule92

translate called 2

dial-peer voice 10 voip

answer-address 1...   !

translation-profile incoming rule91

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

dial-peer voice 20 voip

answer-address 1...   !

translation-profile incoming rule92

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

The idea behind is , based on the calling number from cucm, gw will match incoming dial-peer and translate the number accordingly.

Hope this helps

thanks

- abu

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as you have a VoIP dial peer to route the DIDs to CUCM it will work.

For outbound calls you can configure 2 dial-peers, one for each, and if you don't modify the hunting algorithm they'll be used randomly for outbound calls

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the response, yes i understand the gateway config. Maybe i should have mentioned this in my post, but my issue is with the ucm configuration. how do i configure ucm in such a scenario ?

Hi Radhesh,

CUCM configuration is much simpler.

You need to add the H323 GW on CUCM.  Since it is H323 GW, CUCM is not aware of the E1 connectivity. So it's up to the GW how it routes the call.

So, you configure Route Group, Route List if you want. Then confiugre a Route-Pattern with 9.@  or any specific. Point that Route Pattern to the GW or Route List.

You may want to keep the 9 rather than discarding it. So that you can use 9T destination pattern on the Gateway.

Dont forget to bind the h323 address on the gateway.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

- abu

Hi Abu,

Thanks for the response, the issue is that at the gateway level i have the two outgoing dialpeers defined, one for each trunk. for example the first dialpeer has a destination pattern match of 91T and the second one has 92T.

my problem is to route the calls to the gateway from the call manager with the two seperate access codes for the same dialed number. for example if a phone has two lines, the first line (DN) is supposed to use the first trunk and the second line is supposed to use the second trunk for its outgoing calls, when the user dials a number example 9 030 2211411, i need to transform this number into 91 030 2211411 if he uses line 1 and transform the number to 92 030 221411 if he uses line 2. this way i will be able to send the calls to the gateway using the appropriate access codes

My problem is how to achieve this by minimizing the configuration within UCM.

Unfortunately UCM has no way of tranforming the dialed number based on  the extension (not the device) the person is call from.

I dont know wether something can be done at the gateway level, by using the calling number.

I am hoping someone has come across such a scenario in the past.

Regards,

Radhesh

Hi Radhesh,

You have two way to acheive this.

A. CUCM Configuration

B. Gateway configuration

A. CUCM configuration

1.  Create two partition pt91 and pt92. Configure css91 -> Pt91, css92->pt92

2. Configure two Route Pattern 9.@ or any other specific, put in partition pt91 and pt92

3. Discard digit pre-dot and add prefix 91 and 92 respectively,put them in pt91 nad pt92 partion

4. Assing css91 to line1 and css92 on line2. Do not use any css on Device level of the phone

B. Gateway Configuration

Lets say Line1 has number 1000 and line2 has number 2000

voice translation-rule 1

voice translation-profile rule91

translate called 1

voice translation-rule 2

voice  translation-profile rule92

translate called 2

dial-peer voice 10 voip

answer-address 1...   !

translation-profile incoming rule91

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

dial-peer voice 20 voip

answer-address 1...   !

translation-profile incoming rule92

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

The idea behind is , based on the calling number from cucm, gw will match incoming dial-peer and translate the number accordingly.

Hope this helps

thanks

- abu

Hi Abu,

Thanks a million, this sounds more like the right solution. I am using a lot of translation patterns to globalize all the dialied numbers, therefore option 1 will make the UCM config a bit complicated. Option 2 sounds more like it, will try them out and get back in a couple of hours.

Thanks Again,

Radhesh

Brilliant! exactly what i was looking for. thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: