Helpful
Replies

How can I enable GUI in WAAS Stand By Central Manager

leninvs2502
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm testing the stand by central manager, the situation is as follows:

When the active central manager goes down I try to access the GUI in stand by central manager but it always sends me the following error

Graphical user interface is not enabled in this standby CM.
Please close  this window and go to the Primary CM.

So I think that I have to enable anything but I don't know what, can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance!

Lenin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Currently the switch to a standby CM requires manual intervention.

The benefit of the Central Manager is that it provides configuration management, device management (software upgrades, etc.), reporting, and security services from a single, central location.  Note that the security services, such as disk encryption keys, SSL certificates, etc., are available from the Standby CM (in the event that the Primary CM is unavailable) without the need to promote the Standby to Primary.

Regards,

Zach

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Lenin,

The activation of the Standby CM is manual.  You need to access the Standby CM and configure central-manager role primary.

Regards,

Zach

Thanks Zach,

But there is something I don't understand, what is the benefit of the CM?

I thought the primary role change was automatic.

Currently the switch to a standby CM requires manual intervention.

The benefit of the Central Manager is that it provides configuration management, device management (software upgrades, etc.), reporting, and security services from a single, central location.  Note that the security services, such as disk encryption keys, SSL certificates, etc., are available from the Standby CM (in the event that the Primary CM is unavailable) without the need to promote the Standby to Primary.

Regards,

Zach

Thanks, now I have more clear on this issue

Hi Zach,

The activation of standby CM is still done manual?

Regards,

Danilo,

Yes the WCM Stnadby needs to be made the primary by CLI command. The loss of the WCM does not impact the peformance of the system so it is not service impacting.

Jim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: