cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configure replace <url>/filename

kathegaj2
Level 1
Level 1

I have major upgrade to perform across this network. I need to push compliancy configs as well as new mgmt ips. I was wanting to use config replace but while labbing it on a 3750 stack, it is puking on the provisioning switches and the encapsulation of a trunk port. I have moved the config file to the device and also tried it from the router/tftp server.

Anybody got any ideas?

2 Replies 2

kathegaj2
Level 1
Level 1

Rollback:Acquired Configuration lock.%Switch can not be un-provisioned when it is physically present
%Switch can not be un-provisioned when it is physically present

% Command "" was not accepted.
  This platform requires that the extended system-id feature remain enabled.
Command rejected: A port which is configured to "trunk" mode can not be configured to negotiate the encapsulation.
% Default interface VLAN 1 may not be deleted.

Hello. Anyone has the same problem?

I found this problem too. I'm using 3750 switch, and when you try to use "configure replace..." command there is an error (mentioned above my post) talking about switch provision, extended system id, vlan 1... the switch doesn't care if I put these commands in a new config file.

But if you copy your running configuration file to the tftp server, then upload that config file back to the switch, and use "configure replace" command - then there is no problem...

How to use configure replace command on 3750 switch and get new configuration file working?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card