SA540 - Restore from cfg doesn't work

Unanswered Question

Hi,

I have an SA540 which has been running for a couple of weeks now with no problem then all of a sudden, the appliance totally locked up.  I couldn't ping nor see the device on the network anymore.  Luckily, i backed up the config to a file.  I ended up having to restore the appliance to factory defaults.  However, when I go to restore the config, none of my settings are there.  My primary firmware is 1.1.42.  The backup is from the 1.1.42 firmware.  The secondary is 1.0.15 which is what came with the appliance.  I'm kinda bummed out this happened but my biggest concern is what the use of a backup restore utility if it doesn't work???

Thanks,

James

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
biraja Wed, 05/19/2010 - 12:40

Hi James,

Please send your config through private message to me.

We'll investigate further into this issue.

Thanks,

Biraja

Biraja,

There may be an issue with that cfg file I sent you earlier today.  I started reloading my sa540 and I created a back up when i was done.  I tested the backup and restore with new file and it works fine.  Out of curiosity, I loaded the old one, and i received a "Failed to update configuration (checksum error)."   I orginally did not received this message.  I changed a couple of the settings and proceeded to load the new cfg and of course the update was successful.

Thanks,

James

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content