cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco switches model - catalyst 2950 series - clear opt table

arrowext289
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 cisco switches model - catalyst 2950 series, i recently had an network issue regarding an ip conflict with one of my member servers, after being on the phone with microsoft support for 6 days, we were able to resolve the problem by locating the correct mac address and clearing the "OPT table on the switches" by unplugging and replugging the power cord. In order to prevent this from happening again, Microsoft had asked me to contact cisco and ask the following questions, " Are these swiches managable via the gui?  and we also need to make sure that the "Arp Cash is disabled on the switches" can anyone help in this matter?  Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are these swiches managable via the gui

Manageable via GUI and CLI.

ARP cache is disabled on the switches

Seriously the MS tech's not joking, right?  Or was he trying to get rid of you.  Disable ARP cache?  Might as well tell you to dump your switches in favour of a hub!  It took MS support 6 days to track down the two hosts with duplicate IP address?  With Cisco CLI it'll take any novice about 3 minutes (or less) with your setup of just 2 switches.  Mate, I strongly believed MS tried to "con" you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card