Views
Helpful
Replies

WebView Reports - How can SL_Answered be greater than Calls_Offered

girish_sutar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am a bit confused with the WebView reports, need help.

My Skill Group report shows that calls answered within SL are greater than call offered, how could this happen? I have even checked the internal transfers if these could be part of the sl_answered, however there are no Transfer_In calls.

Also one more question, what is a difference between calls handled and calls answered?  and why dont they match even a the end of the day reports?

Answers to these questions should solve all my reporting mysteries!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you share the name/number of the WV report with us? Are you looking at a Half Hour report?

Actually, a lot of problems are caused by having to isolated mechanisms for counting calls. One is the Route_Call_Detail and the Termination_Call_Detail table combination, the other is the Peripheral Gateway/CG process counting the number of calls and filling up the Half Hour tables.

In your case, the most probable reason for the number of answered calls during a particular interval was higher than the number of offered calls is there were some calls 'overlapping' the half hour interval boundary. Pretend, there was a call incoming at 10:58 that ended 11:05. For the half hour interval 11:00-11:30 this call is not offered, but is handled.

The difference between handled and answered: well, docs quite sucks in this. It is not explained for in the schema docs for example (both contain the same definition). For your reference, the calls that are answered = picked up by the agent, the calls handled = picked up by the agent AND completed.

G.

View solution in original post

29 Replies 29

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you share the name/number of the WV report with us? Are you looking at a Half Hour report?

Actually, a lot of problems are caused by having to isolated mechanisms for counting calls. One is the Route_Call_Detail and the Termination_Call_Detail table combination, the other is the Peripheral Gateway/CG process counting the number of calls and filling up the Half Hour tables.

In your case, the most probable reason for the number of answered calls during a particular interval was higher than the number of offered calls is there were some calls 'overlapping' the half hour interval boundary. Pretend, there was a call incoming at 10:58 that ended 11:05. For the half hour interval 11:00-11:30 this call is not offered, but is handled.

The difference between handled and answered: well, docs quite sucks in this. It is not explained for in the schema docs for example (both contain the same definition). For your reference, the calls that are answered = picked up by the agent, the calls handled = picked up by the agent AND completed.

G.

Thanks a ton for answering this, its like a mystery resolved for me.

I have attached sample report for two days for your reference. I have highlighted the intervals where the calls answered are greater than offered.

Do let me know if there are any specific issues with this report.

Also i still fail to understand why would  the calls handled and calls answered not match in the end of the day report.

Apologies for asking this again.

I understand while the contact centre is operational there could be a difference because few agents are still on call, however when the IVR is closed and I spool the report second day then I assume the calls answered and handled should match.

Regards,

Girish

You primary reports for Service Levels should be the call type reports. Are you sure you are looking at the correct reports?

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff for your reply.

I am new to CISCO and i got to learn that the Skill Group report is used to measure the Service Levels.

However it seems i am wrong and I should be referring to Call Types report.

I was going thru the templates and found calltyp21 & 22 report which shows the SL. Please let me know which report should be used to measue SL, Abandon, Answered, etc?

Also me being new to CISCO, what are the readings you suggest so that i can understand CISCO reports better.

Apologies for throwing so many questions.

Thanks for your support & Thanks to the CISCO support community - A Knowledge Bank!

Yep, calltyp21 and calltyp22 are good ones. But the accuracy of these reports depend on how well your scripts are "instrumented" with call types. If you have just 1 call type attached to a dialed number which is then scheduled against a script, this may not be sufficient.

If your script considers holidays and opening hours and carves off these calls, you will get inaccurate data if you rely on the 1 call type. What Cisco recommend, and what most integrators do, is add a number of "Call Type" nodes that change the call type as the call moves through the script.

This enables you to get peg counts on entry, holidays, closed, emergency etc. Then there is typically a final call type - I call it a "queuing call type" - because it is set just before the Queue to Skill Group node (or a series of these if you have more complex queuing). I have a naming convention that this call type ends with "_Q" so it's easy to find in WebView.

There will be no more call types after this one. This call type gives accurate service levels - no calls will "overflow out" to another call type. Check the Cisco Scripting Guide for advice on this.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, this really gives me an overview on how the reports are to be studied and makes me more clear on the call routing.

One observation i have found in my Skill Group reports is the contact centre starts taking calls at 9:00am. Even at this interval the calls answered are more than calls offered? Now this is really a surprise for me.

I will now go ahead into further more analysis and understand real time how things are happening at my contact centre. However could you please let me know if i am following the right direction.

Our Contact Centre works between 9:00am to 9:00pm, Sunday being off. Post dialling the toll free number the customer goes thru various IVR options and then if he wishes the call is transferred to the CSE. Under this scenario what reports do i consider to measure my Service Levels? As you have suggested below i find the queuing call type node and then analyse my SLs.

Once again apologies for asking so many questions but this forum has really helped me answer my queries to satisfaction.

Our Contact Centre works between 9:00am to 9:00pm, Sunday being off. Post dialling the toll free number the customer goes thru various IVR options and then if he wishes the call is transferred to the CSE. Under this scenario what reports do i consider to measure my Service Levels? As you have suggested below i find the queuing call type node and then analyse my SLs.

It's not a matter of "find the queuing call type node" - I made that name up. It's a matter of adding a call type just before your Queue to Skill Group node and using the call type reports on that call type for your service levels.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff for your help.

One last query from my previous question, if i am not troubling you a lot.

girish_sutar wrote:

Thanks Geoff, this really gives me an overview on how the reports are to be studied and makes me more clear on the call routing.

One observation i have found in my Skill Group reports is the contact centre starts taking calls at 9:00am. Even at this interval the calls answered are more than calls offered? Now this is really a surprise for me.

How do i address the above scenario where the calls answered are more than offered in the opening interval itself. I can understand during the day, however this is a mystery for me.

What could be the probable cause for this?

Regards,

Girish

Hi,

Can you please share the report number or the description of the reports you are refering to?

Thanks,

Hi Diwakar,

I am referring to the Skill Group Report ( IPCC Peripheral Skill Group Consolidated Half Hour Report perskg35).

Regards,

Girish

Hi,

in the same script, how many skill groups may be a particular call routed to?

I found this in the schema docs that may be interesting:

ServiceLevelCallsToHalf

Calls may abandon while in the Skill Group queue,or they may abandon after they have been routedto a Skill Group.

Calls that abandon after they are routed to a SkillGroup are identified by TCD records withabandoned call disposition flag.

If the call is queued and abandons before it is routed to any Skill Groups (within the ServiceLevel threshold), the Router will increment this value forALL the Skill Groups this call was queued for.

If the call abandons after it was routed to a SkillGroup, that Skill Group will haveServiceLevelCallsAband incremented.

So if a call is abandoned while being queued for multiple skill groups, this may increment the above value for all skill groups.

So if you are watching one skill group, there may be calls involved for other skill groups.

G.

Thanks netbakter for your response.

Basically we have two skill groups as per the customers language preferences. So even if i club both these reports to understand the offered and sl_answered there is a variance. I have attached the report for your reference.

Need your input on how do I analyse the call flow and service level-

In our scenario, the contact centre operates from 9:00am to 9:00pm. There is an IVR with some self help options and if the customer wants to speak to CSE, then he chooses relevant information.

So to get a correct picture on SL, does it mean i start tracking the calls right from the call landing at IVR, getting filtered thru various IVR options and then analysing how many calls are being actually transferred to CSE? Currently i am studying only the Skill Group report where the calls are answered by CSEs.

Regards,

Girish

Call type reports are the only way here - that's what they are designed to do in an IPCC system. That's what I have been saying.

Create a call type right before your first queue to skill group node. Make sure this call type can never be changed.

What is "service level"? Is it something to do with agents, or skill groups? No. It is a measure of the customer experience. What percentage of calls were answered within a  certain number of seconds.

If you have a complex routing script with calls overflowing into more and more skills as queue time passes, how could you figure out the SL from multiple skill groups?

Create a call type and measure it.

Regards,

Geoff

I cannot agree more with Geoff. It depends on what you want to achieve and from what point of view. If you are interested in the Service Level, it is the customer's point of view: for instance, you make up a formula like "80 percent of calls that passed the IVR should be answered by an agent within 20 seconds". In this case, you are actually working with two call types: one is the initial one that actually serves as a link between the dialed number and the routing script, the second is actually kind of resetting the call related timers in order to see what's happening beyond a certain point - in this case this point is a place behind an IVR option: the CallType node with a different call type.

I took a look a those Excel sheets you attached, but I cannot see anything suspicious, could you please just tell me which row numbers you are referring to? Thanks.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: