Views
Helpful
Replies

Discard the last digit of a route pattern

nizar.houichi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a TOIP Solution based on a CUCM 7.1, IP phone CP 7945, and an MGCP Gateway Cisco 2811 with a VIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 used to connect to an Ericsson PBX that control 100 analog phones. The CUCM use 2XXX as a dialing plan for IP Phones and the Ericsson PBX use 1XXX as a dialing plan for analog phones.

I have an issue with the forward between the analog phone controlled by the PBX and the IP Phones controlled by the CUCM. When an analog phone tries to forward all his call to an IP Phone it does not work. When I analyze the issue, I have seen that when an analog phone that have forwarded his calls to an IP Phone ( for example to an IP phone that have 2000 as a directory number) and that analog phone is called, the PBX send to the Gateway the Directory number of the IP Phone followed by the digit 1 (20001). So I have to discard the last digit in order to the forward to works fine. I have created a translation pattern with the pattern 2XXX1 and I need to apply something to discard the last digit. Can you help me please and thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmmm.  With CUCM the digit transformation wildcard patterns are always going to consum digits from right to left.  So, while stripping digits off of the front is straight forward and native, dropping a digit on the tail end isn't possible as far as I know.  If your legacy PBX can't be modified to accomodate the correct dial plan, then you may need to look at using SIP/h323 on your voice gateway (to the cucm).  With these protocols, you have the ability to apply dial-peers and you would then gain the ability to apply translation profiles on ingress calls.  This would need to be tested, but a rule like the following may work (on an h323 gateway)

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /^\(.*\)1$/ /\1/

!

voice translation-profile fixlegacycalled

translate called 10

!

These are my thoughts on the matter at least.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmmm.  With CUCM the digit transformation wildcard patterns are always going to consum digits from right to left.  So, while stripping digits off of the front is straight forward and native, dropping a digit on the tail end isn't possible as far as I know.  If your legacy PBX can't be modified to accomodate the correct dial plan, then you may need to look at using SIP/h323 on your voice gateway (to the cucm).  With these protocols, you have the ability to apply dial-peers and you would then gain the ability to apply translation profiles on ingress calls.  This would need to be tested, but a rule like the following may work (on an h323 gateway)

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /^\(.*\)1$/ /\1/

!

voice translation-profile fixlegacycalled

translate called 10

!

These are my thoughts on the matter at least.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: