SSL VPN config

Unanswered Question
May 20th, 2010

Just ordered a SA-520 and have a quick question about the SSL portal. Is it possible to publish applications via the SSL portal? Say I would like users only to access  OWA, can this url be published on the firewall, so that users may only access that url?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
nmanglik Tue, 06/01/2010 - 16:09

Hi Andy,

The current implementation does not support publishing the services on the portal page. Cisco does offer ASA5505 that support this feature.

andyl2010 Wed, 06/02/2010 - 01:05

Thanks for the answer. But how does this differ from SSL VPN port forwarding? To enable this you have to enable TCP Application Configuration, shouldn't this do the same things? Or is this just for applications that are running locally on the remote client that connects and then forwars the ports that application is using to a dedicated internal machine?

nmanglik Mon, 06/14/2010 - 14:33

Hi Andy,

SA500 does support SSL VPN port forwarding and you can limit the users with certain application defined on the Port Forwarding Application Forwarding page. What I meant in my previous email was that SA500 does not publish these servers / applications for the remote user (SSL user) that you have configured on the SA500 side. The remote users should have awareness of the servers / application that they have to access.

This Discussion

Related Content