RV016 PPTP VPN and MacOSX

Unanswered Question
May 20th, 2010

Hello, I have had an ongoing unresolved problem/issue regarding VPN tunnel connections (I am using PPTP) and Mac OSX. When I first established this within the network environment, I believe we were on version 10.4 of OSX, and it worked flawlessly. It seems since 10.5 and 10.6 I cannot establish a true connection to the router using this VPN method anymore. I can connect through my old G4 which is running 10.4 or 10.3, I can connect through my windows 7 PC, if I try to connect through my 10.5 macbook pro, it authenticates, I get a connection, but I cannot ping any networked devices, it is as if I am connected to the router and that is it, then after about 40 seconds I get a message "the local site has terminated the connection check with your network adminstrator...", I get the exact same behavior even from my IPod. I am creating the VPN connection configuration in my network system preferences, I have even attempted to use a third party VPN connection utility with no luck.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to resolve the issue? I have been searching it feels like forever on a solution of being able to use VPN again on Macs, we are a small business and this greatly benefits employees who need to work and get files from home etc. I appreciate any help and solutions. Thank you.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion