Views
Helpful
Replies

cor name and list on CME

vip80y_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys...

I just wondering... do I need to use the same cor name and cor list for each sites for interconnected topology using Fa and Se (ospf/eigrp apply)?

for example,

SiteA(CME)--------SiteB(CME)--------SiteC(CME)
|                  fa
|Se
|
SiteD(CME)--------SiteE(CME)

fa

SiteC unable to call SiteD and SiteE, however SiteA and SiteB has no restriction

SiteA,B and C has COR configured and SiteD and E has no COR configured

Thanks Heaps

Terrence

6 Replies 6

Abu Hadee
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Terrence

Didn't quite understand your requirements.

Do you have routing such that each site has connectivity to other site?

If that is the case, then you point dial-peers to each other sites and control who can call what.

But if you need to configure such that when B calls D or E, it has to go via A and vice versa. When I say this, I mean, B has to send the call setup to A first and A will send to D and E. In that case you need to have cor list configured.

Please clarify your requirement first, then I should be able to help you configuring it

Thank you

- Abu

Thanks Abu for your reply, you have always been very helpful to me in this discussion...

basically what I try to accomplish is 1 ext number (1000) from SiteC unable to call SiteD and E and all ext number on siteC unable to call International

I tried to restrict with COR, but when I tested to call from ext (1001) to siteD/E the cisco IP phone display "connected" with a still dial tone then followed by busy tone (dont know what it means)

here is my configuration so far for siteC

SiteC

dial-peer cor custom

name block-pt

name permit-pt

name permit-Int

dial-peer cor list blockDE

member block-pt

dial-peer cor list permitDE

member permit-pt

dial-peer cor list callInt

member permit-Int

dial-peer voice siteD voip

corlist outgoing permitDE

destination-pattern siteD

session target ipv4:siteD

codec g711ulaw

dial-peer voice siteE voip

corlist outgoing permitDE

destination-pattern siteE

session target  ipv4:siteD

codec g711ulaw

dial-peer voice callInt voip

corlist outgoing callInt

destination-pattern callInt

session target  ipv4:siteD

codec g711ulaw

ephone-dn 1

number 1000

corlist incoming blockDE

ephone-dn 2

number  1001

corlist incoming permitDE

Do I need to configure the COR with the same name and list as SiteC on siteD (such as block-pt, permit-pt) for ext1001 to reach siteD and E?

Thanks again in advance,

Terrence

Hi Terrence,

Your configuration looks ok.

I guess it is some other issue. If you remove the corlist frome ext 1001 and dial-peer of site DE, can you make the call successfully?

You may want to collect "debug voip ccapi inout" and "debug h225 asn1" for further troubleshooting

Thank you

- abu

Hi Abu,

Thanks for your reply,

I will try to do the debug, however, I dont need to configure COR on siteD and E with the same cor name and list for ext 1001 to reach siteD and E?

So, the call should be able to reach siteD and E even though no COR configured on those sites, yes?

and do you know why Cisco IP phone display "connected" with a still dial tone then followed by busy tone?

Regards

Hi

Yes, when no cor list is configured, call should reach the other site.

Also, you do not need any cor list on site D or E as you are restricting within SiteC

I'm not sure why you are receiving dial tone at the state of connected. Send me the complete configs from all sites.

thanks

- abu

Hi Abu,

thanks again for your reply

can I private message you with the config?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: