Helpful
Replies

ASDM Real-Time Log Viewer does not recieve any messages

msje
Level 1
Level 1

ASA:8.2(1) ASDM:6.2(5)23

2xASA 5540 Flash 64MB Memory 1024MB

Syslog filter - Internal Buffer = Debugging, ASDM = Debugging, Syslog Servers = Debugging

When I logon to the ASDM, the latest ASDM Syslog messages starts rolling in the gui, but after short time it stops.

If I then start the Real-Time Log Viewer, no messages are displayed.

When I run "sh logging asdm" it is showing me new messages...

I have a failover unit in passive mode, and the "Enable logging on the failover standby unit" set. On this box the Latest ASDM Syslog Messages and Real-Time Log Viewer is working fine :-)

Does anyone had the same problem and found a solution ?

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Marc,

Most likely you are hiting a bug, specially if you have external url filtering in your environment configured in your asa.

See BUG details: ( CSCtb92911 ) ,

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/action.do?hdnAction=searchBugs

there is a a work around it or use an interim release version shown bellow.

Symptom:

ASDM real-time log viewer freezes occasionally.

Conditions:

ASA is running 8.2.1 version and is configured with [URL-Filtering+HTTP inspection] or ['user-defined' HTTP inspection policy].

Workaround:

The problem seems to be triggered by the syslogs 304001-304005 which display the URLs accessed. By disabling logging these logs, the problem can be mitigated.

ASA(config)#no logging message 304001
ASA(config)#no logging message 304002
ASA(config)#no logging message 304003
ASA(config)#no logging message 304004
ASA(config)#no logging message 304005

Fixed-in

8.2(1.12)
8.2(2)

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi

That did not help....

I also removed all my "&" signs in my config, but I still have this error.

I will later update my ASA boxes to 8.3 and then I hope that this error will be gone.

Thanks

Regards

cmorales01
Level 1
Level 1

I have an error because I had configured netflow.

When I activated netflow the asa have a checkbox "Disable redundant syslog messages". This is to avoid send the message via syslog and then via netflow.

The option is in "Configuration > Device Management > Logging > NetFlow"

I have unchecked this option an it start logging for example a simple ping to the asa "Syslog ID 302020" an the pong "Syslog ID 302021"

This was my problem too.  I have NetFlow enabled and did not uncheck "Disable redundant syslog messages".  Thanks for the tip!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: