Certificate error in IE for WLAN web-auth

Unanswered Question
May 20th, 2010

Hello guys.

i just set up an enterprise wireless network with guest access using 2 WiSMs (code as internal controllers and 2 5508 WLCs (code as guest anchor controllers. i am using web-auth for the guest wlans and everything works just fine.

we purchased a Verisign certificate and downloaded it to the guest anhor controllers for the web-auth login page and for some reason, we get an invalid certificate error prompt from Internet Explorer while Firefox comes up just fine from the same client.

please i will appreciate suggestions on how to crack this.

thanx in advance for the help

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dancampb Thu, 05/20/2010 - 09:09

The error that pops up in IE should say way it failed.  What is the reason listed in the error?

sayrmatics Thu, 05/20/2010 - 09:32

the error we get in IE is the standard security warning saying "there is a problem with this website's security certificate. the security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority" as mentioned earlier, the cert was issued by Verisign

sayrmatics Fri, 06/18/2010 - 08:33

i got a solution to this the moment i discovered that verisign stopped issuing  unchained certificates years ago. here's how i went  about it:

1. i downloaded openssl, generated the csr and submitted  to verisign.

2. i copied the digital certificate from verisign in  x509 format.

3. i downloaded the root CA certs and intermediate  CA cert files from verisign for the class of certificate we ordered (secure  server g2)

4. i combined the files as per cisco instruction and  converted to .pem using openssl.

5. i downloaded the cert file to  the wlc via cli and reset the controllers.

hope someone finds this useful

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network