cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN, saving a file back to a server that has been modified.

alyeskaale
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for reading.  I currently have a pair of redundant ASA 5510s (ver 8.2) set up with SSL VPN running ASDM (ver 6.2).  With the current setup users are able to access the file server via the remote connection but are not allowed to save the file back to the same location.  They have to save it locally and then replace the copy on the server at a later time.  How would I set up my appliance so users can save the file to the server; and more importantly should I open this up to allow my users to do this from a security standpoint?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Doesn't seem to be issue with the SSL VPN. If you can access the file server, you should be able to save the file to the file server itself. As far as the SSL VPN is concern, it is only Layer 3/4 so if you have connectivity from the SSL VPN client, you should be able to save the file too.

You might want to check permission on the file server itself if it allows write access from remote connection.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Doesn't seem to be issue with the SSL VPN. If you can access the file server, you should be able to save the file to the file server itself. As far as the SSL VPN is concern, it is only Layer 3/4 so if you have connectivity from the SSL VPN client, you should be able to save the file too.

You might want to check permission on the file server itself if it allows write access from remote connection.

Thanks for the response, you were correct that it was not stopping them from saving but it required them to upload the file vs. saving it back to the original location.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: