cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Endpoint as H.323 Client in CUCM 7.1.5

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

I have several Tandberg 95 Edge MXP endpoints configured as H.323  clients in CUCM 7.1.5b su2. I noticed there is a noticable difference in  video quality when dial by 4-digit extension vs direct IP between two  endpoints. Below is the call detail status for 4-digit extension dial vs  IP direct dial.

- 4-digit dial

Video  protocol:     H.264

Audio codec:     G.722

Video format:      CIF

Call connects at 768k

- IP direct dial

Video  protocol:     H.264

Audio codec:     Aac-ld

Video  format:     w448p

Call connects at 1152k

Both of  these endpoints are configured in the same Region in CUCM and I allow up  to 1536k per call but for some reason calls can only connect at 768k  when dial by 4-digit extension. Has anyone run into this scenario and  experience the same issue ? Is there any setting in CUCM that can be  tweak for video calls to connect beyon 768k ?

Thanks  in advance !!! I appreciate any inputs/suggestions

D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fossilev700
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get the issue resolved? What documentation did you use for the integration with UCM?

thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

fossilev700
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get the issue resolved? What documentation did you use for the integration with UCM?

thanks,

Chris

Hi Christopher,

Unfortunately I am still having the issue. The issue is most likely on the Tandberg side, I had Cisco checked out the CUCM side and all was checked out ok no issue on CUCM. I might have to upgrade the software on the endpoint and will see if that helps.

I don't have any document on the integration with CUCM to share with you. But the integration is pretty straight forward. To be able dial by extension number between Tandberg endpoints, you need to configure the endpoint in CUCM as H.323 client unless your endpoint can support SIP or SCCP.

Let me know if you further questions !

D.

H323 gateways calculate bandwidth differently. Each stream is allocated bandwidth. For a  2-way video call call bandwidth is 2 X 768 = 1536 per call. Have you tried setting the call bandwidth at 3072?