Views
Helpful
Replies

e_mail notification backup fail

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have a solution IPCCX 5.0.2 with two Servers and would like know if is possible to do any configuration in the Server, to inform by e_mail, when the backup presenting a fail. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Wilson Santana

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can be done.  Look into the Alarm Configuration to get events sent to a Syslog server that supports email notifications.

Alarm -> Syslog Server -> e-mail notification

Hi Anthony,

The Customer is using the version is 5.0.2 and didn´t found the option to configure this parameter. The option that I verified was:

1) Substystem>eMail
           Mail Server
           eMail Address

2) System>Alarm Configuration
        There is not option to configure eMail

I would use the first option?

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi. The explanation above was too simple.

First, you need to install and configure a Syslog server.

Then you'll have to configure UCCX to send alarms to that Syslog server.

Second, you'll have to configure your Syslog server to send email messages.

Take a look at Wikipedia or Google for the term "Syslog".

G.

Hi Guys,

My co-worket that work with Cisco Works verify the Syslog (Cisco Works)configuration and didn´t found this option to configure.

Alarm -> Syslog Server -> e-mail notification

Thanks,

Wilson

That wasn't a setting, or an option I was giving you, it was an example workflow, on how this works.

Since netbakter thought my explanation was too simple...

Step 1.  Configure UCCX to send Alarms to your Syslog server (System > Alarm Configuration)

Step 2.  Configure your Syslog server (the free version of Kiwi supports e-mail alerts http://www.kiwisyslog.com/kiwi-syslog-server-compare-versions/)

Step 3.  Enjoy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: