i have basically 3 questions for the system in subject,
1) "play in future" does not work, java machine installed and updated but it is in a different language from the browser, can this be a problem?
2) to display smtg on the screen via the DMP, i need to upload contents with FTP, using the DMP manager i need to select an Action for the
ftp upload, and then the DMP reboots. but the uploaded content (presentation or playlist stored in /tmp/usb_1) it is not automatically displayed, i need to
select another Action "(Go to )URL" and then select the LOCAL-presentation/playlist and the it starts playing it.
is there a way to automatically display the uploaded content immediately after reboot?
3) as i told on 2) the only way i've found to display contents on the DMP is to upload them, because if i try to "Play now" a playlist from the Schedule menu, nothing happens. i select "digital signage" from Sytem even type, then i select the playlist/presentation to be displayed and the submit.
but nothing happens.
can this be related to the absence of WAAS and ACNS services?
thank you very much!
* What is your browser Language\regional settings set to?
The regional settings must be english/US
If the Browser is not set to "english/US" this is most likely
I have attached some documents that will help you
accomplish this task.
If you had access to a Digital Media Manager(DMM) with a
Digital Signage Module(DSM), you could perform the following
* Add the Media content item to the Media Library on the Digital
Media Manager(DMM)-Digital Signage Module(DSM)
* Create a Playlist or Presentation with this Media Content item
* Go to the DMM-DSM, Under the ADVANCED TASKS Tab select the
Application Type "File Transfer to DMP or server"
* Select "Add New Application"
- Select the appropriate Presentation or Playlist
- Press the "Select Application" Button
- Press the "Submit" Button
* Once the "File Transfer to DMP or server" is added, you can run
this Task to copy the content locally to the DMP.
- Go to the DMM-DSM DMP Manager and select the desired DMP
- Under the Actions Drop Down, Select the "File Transfer to DMP or server" Task
you created and Click GO.
- The Files will copy the presentation or playlist information to the selected(s) DMPs.
* The DMM-DSM will GENERATE a "(Go to) URL entry" in the Advanced Tasks.
In order to see the NAME & URL PATH of the "File Transfer..." Task, Go to
the DMM-DSM, Under the ADVANCED TASKS Tab select the Application Type "(Go to) URL entry"
and it will list the NAME "LOCAL--" playlist\presentation name.
- Select "Edit Application"
- Record the LOCAL URL PATH
* You can RUN this Task LOCALLY using the DMP-Device Manager(DM) or Under the Actions
Drop Down on the DMM-DSM DMP Manager.
Also, Check out:
Showing or Stopping Video Content from a File Stored on Your DMP:
UI Reference: Elements to Play Locally Stored Video:
If you do NOT access to a Digital Media Manager(DMM) with a
Digital Signage Module(DSM), you could use a Custom HTML file
or JAVA Script to use for a Playlist of Locally Stored Video Files.
Note: This method is NOT officially supported and the Cisco TAC
or custom htmls.
Checkout the Following Sample HTML files:
The "Local-mpg-file.pdf" is a sample of HTML code that plays
the Locally Stored Video File(s): Local-mpg-file.pdf
The "Local-mpg-http.pdf" is a sample of HTML code that plays
the Remote Video File(s) that are locate on a Web Server: Local-mpg-http.pdf
Note: The ".HTML" file & the Video Content File(s) will need
to be ftpd to the Local Storage device on the DMP(s).