cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Visual Voicemail Login

btmulgrew
Level 4
Level 4

Hi - We are currently looking at deloying visual vmail widget on our CUCM / CUC 7.1.3 deployment.  Something we have noticed is that the login defaults to the DN of the phone; as our CUC mailbox numbers do not match DNs (we are using voice mailbox masking) is there any way we can present an alternative number as the default sign in number (e.g. external number mask) so that our users do not need to edit the presented DN?

Hope this makes sense!

thks

Brian

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Specify the DN as an alternate extension on the subscriber mailbox. I believe it will figure it out and log the user in.

thanks Jonathan - i thought we had tried this but will give it another go.

cheers

Brian

Hi,

Did the alternate extension get this working for you?

If have a similar problem except our extensions have the "+" sign. I have an alternate extension with the + sign but still doesn't work.

Anyone know of a way to get the number masked or to turn off the auto insert of the extension number?

Russell

Apparently there is a more general E.164 defect that is preventing this from working: CSCsv95521

The alternate extension workaround only works for Unity, not Unity Connection.

It appears that you have to do it manually for now.

Thanks for that Jonothan....appreciated

Russell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: