Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload Database Phone&Users Error

hi

I'm uploading a database in CUCM 7.1. I already  created both Phone and User Template and i Created the BAT File to insert Phone$Users but, When I did the proces to insert Phones appear this error in Job scheduler log.

SEP0015C67B502A          DEVICE :: Error : 35003          Device  Description has invalid format. It should include letters, numbers and  some special characters. Max length is 128. Regular expression used to  validate:^[]a-zA-Z0-9 !#$'()*+,./:;=?@[^_`{|}~-]{0,128}$

this is an example of my databse fields.

First   Name
(String[64]OPTIONAL)
Middle Name 
(String[50]OPTIONAL)
Last Name
(String[64]MANDATORY)
User ID
(String[128]MANDATORY)
Password
(String[20]OPTIONAL)
Manager  User ID
(String[128]OPTIONAL)
Department
(String[64]OPTIONAL)
PIN
(Integer[20]OPTIONAL)
Default Profile
(String[50] OPTIONAL)
User Locale
(String[50] OPTIONAL)
Telephone Number
(Integer[50] OPTIONAL)
Primary Extension
(Integer[50] OPTIONAL)
Associated PC
(String[50] OPTIONAL)
IPCC Extension
(Integer[50] OPTIONAL)
Mail ID
(String[30] OPTIONAL)
Presence Group
(String[50] OPTIONAL)
Subscribe Calling Search   Space
(String[50] OPTIONAL)
Digest Credentials
(String[128] OPTIONAL)
Remote Destination Limit
(Number[2] OPTIONAL)
Maximum Wait Time for Desk   Pickup
(Number[5] OPTIONAL)
Primary User Device
(String[50] OPTIONAL)
Enable Mobility
(Boolean[t/f] OPTIONAL)
Enable Mobile Voice Access
(Boolean[t/f] OPTIONAL)
Allow Control of Device from   CTI
(Boolean[t/f] OPTIONAL)
MAC Address/Device Name
(Integer[12/50] MANDATORY)
Description
(String [50] OPTIONAL )
Directory Number  1
(Integer [50] MANDATORY )
Alerting Name  1
(String [50] OPTIONAL )
Ascii Alerting Name  1
(String [50] OPTIONAL )
Display  1
(String [50] OPTIONAL )
ASCII Display  1
(String [50] OPTIONAL )
Line Text Label  1
(String [50] OPTIONAL )
ASCII Line Text Label  1
(String [50] OPTIONAL )
Line Description  1
(String [50] OPTIONAL )
CallCenter3 Call.Center3 ciscoCallCenter13601605605410000SEP0015C67B502ACall Center3 605Call Center3 Call Center3 Call Center3 Call Center3 Call Center3 Call Center3 Call Center3

I attached the BAT file

I hope to can you help me

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What I see in my copy of excel is shown in the attached screenshot.

I did a search/replace in the text file you provided in the OP.  I have attached the cleaned file.  You can try this out as a sample to prove whether we are correct or not.

When using the bat.xlt, your data is coming from somewhere.  Are you perhaps doing a copy/paste from another spreadsheet?  Perhaps one where you had to juggle some fields around and inadvertantly picked up a "tab" character?  Just speculating as I have not observed your workflow.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have some non-printable characters in your data fields.  That may be causing the issue.  Take a look at your text file.  Look at the first record, first field (Reservaciones).  Note that there is a "space" after "Reservaciones" and the comma.  In my text viewer I see non-ascii characters in that space instead of, well "white space".  I see this in most of the fields of your file.  Since it is a small file, you may want to test my theory by cleaning up unnecessary spaces in the record fields.  You may also note that in some instances you may want a "space" but you have two.  One of those is a non-printable white space character.

Did you create the file using the bat.xlt template or did you copy/paste into an excel doc or other?

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

I use the bat.xlt that downloaded of CUCM.

I try cleaning spaces manually but the result is the same, any idea to clean tthis characters, because the file attached is only a part to probe, but the databesa real are 500 phones.

regards.

Bill is correct.  You have non printable characters in the file.  When you view them in Notepad or Excel, you may only see an additional space at the end of the end of each description field but in reality there may be tabs or other keystrokes that caused this.

Hailey

What I see in my copy of excel is shown in the attached screenshot.

I did a search/replace in the text file you provided in the OP.  I have attached the cleaned file.  You can try this out as a sample to prove whether we are correct or not.

When using the bat.xlt, your data is coming from somewhere.  Are you perhaps doing a copy/paste from another spreadsheet?  Perhaps one where you had to juggle some fields around and inadvertantly picked up a "tab" character?  Just speculating as I have not observed your workflow.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

please remember to rate helpful posts.

Hi

Thanks for you help, the solution was clean the data base file all characters non-printeables that appear in the attached picture.

Thank a lot

Best Regards

Good news and thanks for letting us know.  Glad to be of assistance.

Regards,
Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: