cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 120W can't disable port 1 in port management

jim.mckenzie
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to disable all the LAN ports on my RV 120W router to prevent someone from plugging in a rogue device and accessing our network.  I want to only enable secure wireless on the router.  I can disable all of the LAN ports through port management except port 1 which is grayed out.  Is it possible to disable port 1?  If so how?  I really don't want to resort to MAC address filtering, etc. as that is too labor intensive.  I don't understand why Port 1 is grayed out in port management and will not allow being disabled.

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

>I am trying to disable all the LAN ports on my RV 120W router to prevent someone from plugging in a rogue device and accessing our network.

You could enable 802.1x (port-based authentication) to authenticate the computers before the RV 120W router gives them access to your network.

Excellent idea, thanks!  I implemented that change.

Still don't know why port1 enable/disable box is grayed out in the Port Management Settings Table, but your idea is a good work around.

I guess the designer wants to have the option of connecting to the device via Port 1 in case wireless is not working, e.g. getting interference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: