Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO UNITY PORTS BLOCKED

Hi,

We a problem in a customer with the ports in Cisco Unity server. There are 16 ports enabled in the Unity server, we check the ports with "Cisco Unity Status Monitor" and always there is some port blocked, sometimes all the ports are blocked then the users can´t access to the mail box.

If we reset the ports with the Cisco Unity Status Monitor these port are released.

We don´t know which could be the cause of the blocked.

- CCM version is:  6.1.5.10000-10

- Cisco Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(4)

Can your help us??

Thanks,

Esteban

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Esteban,

I would recommend that you open a TAC case to help troubleshoot

Port Lockup problems as they can be tricky to determine.

There are some good tips in this doc as well

Troubleshooting Port Lockups in Cisco Unity

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080094b7d.shtml

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

Big question from me:

Did you upgrade the TSP on Unity before the move to CUCM 6x?  SCCP or SIP integration?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi David,

In attached documents I send you an screen shoot about the TSP. It is SCCP integration.

There is other Unity server, but this server is not on service, we are waiting the file over license, could it have relation with the problem?

Thanks for your help!!!

Regards,

Esteban

Hi,

Thanks for the link, I am going to look it. I want to indicate you a thing, there is other Unity server, but in this moment this server is not in service because we are wating the fail over license. Could be relationated the lockup problems with this other server?

Thanks for your help!!!

Regards,

Esteban

No, the ports being locked up should not be related to the failover server not being online.  You build and integrate them separately prior to setting up failover between the two.

Hailey

Hi,

Now we can not to integrate the other Unity server because we have not the licenses. At this moment there is only one Unity server.

Thanks,

Regards,

Esteban

You can create the ports and line groups on the CUCM in advance.  However, on the second Unity server you will not be licensed to create more than the default number of ports until you install the failover license.  The server is built with the default license and then the failover license is added prior to configuring the actual failover mechanism between the 2 servers.  After you install the failover license and create the switch integration for the second server, then you run the Failover Configuration Wizard which essentially enables SQL replication and node monitoring between those 2 servers.  The lack of the failover server being fully online has no bearing on the ports configured and integrated with CUCM on the primary server.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: