cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will GLC-EX-SDM supported on Cisco 3560?

netops044
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for optics which can work for longer distances like 30-40kms using 1310 wavelength and we did see that there is a module for it ( GLC-EX-SDM= ). But I would like to know if I can use it in Cisco 3560 ? Do let me know what all switches or routers these modules will work ?

Thanks,

ramanan

2 Replies 2

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Below is a link to compatibility information for pluggable optics modules.

COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION

I am surprised the GLC-EX-SMD is not included on the 3560, but sometimes it is a matter of available resources to test compatibility or an operating issue that was found during testing that would prevent its use (heat, power, EMI, etc.).

You could use the 1000BASE-ZX module (1550um), either GLC-ZX-SM or SFP-GE-Z, as these are included in the compatibility documents.

You would have to get an answer from the 3560 Product Manager to find out if it is on the roadmap to be added to the system.

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here is a link to the compatibility information for pluggable optics:

COMPATIBILITY DOCUMENTS

You could use the 1000BASE-ZX extended distance module (1550nm), either SFP-GE-Z or , as these are compatible.

It is possible that the GLC-EX-SMD was tested with the 3560 and it failed due to heat, power, EMI, or other.  Or, it could be just limited testing resources preventing a complete compatibility test.  The 3560 Product Manager would be the one to contact to get that data.

Good Luck!