cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS without AD for testing?

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I`m installing CUPS 7 as a test without  AD integrating into CUCM, I have working with simple phone calls, If I go off hook on my own phone it is replicated to the CUPS Client

Do I need AD to get Presence to work? I thought you could manually add a contact if you kept the ID the same as in CUCM so to observe their presence, status?

Can you "pickup " a call form a user you are monitoring?

thanks

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

iptuser55 wrote:

I`m installing CUPS 7 as a test without  AD integrating into CUCM, I have working with simple phone calls, If I go off hook on my own phone it is replicated to the CUPS Client

Do I need AD to get Presence to work? I thought you could manually add a contact if you kept the ID the same as in CUCM so to observe their presence, status?

No, you do not need AD to get presence between CUCM and CUPS to work.

iptuser55 wrote:

Can you "pickup " a call form a user you are monitoring?

thanks

I don't follow. Do you mean emulating the "call pickup" feature?  I think you would need to configure "call pickup" groups as you would normally.  But maybe you had another feature/use case in mind.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Bil,

I`ve got it working by adding a user via the  CUPS User page however I have another question

• Only a user who I have configured as a CUPS user shows presence - is this correct? I thought that as well as the Subscribe CSS on my phone can see the other DN then you should see the status of the DN  on my client even if they are not a "CUPS" user? or is hti sdue to the lack of AD
  • Can you see a ringing DN, the idea is that from my CUPS client I can see the status of a monitored DN - ringing and as on your reply make use of the Call Pick Up feature

thanks

Only a user who I have configured as a CUPS user shows presence - is 
this correct?

Correct. The end user must be assigned the CUPS capability for any CUPS-related functionality to work for them, including the ability of others to watch their status.

I thought that as well as the Subscribe CSS on my phone can see the other DN then you should see the status of the DN  on my client even if they are not a "CUPS" user? or is hti sdue to the lack of AD

Incorrect. The Subscribe CSS is used only within UCM for presence indication on BLF buttons and XML directories.

Can you see a ringing DN, the idea is that from my CUPS client I can see
 the status of a monitored DN - ringing and as on your reply make use of
 the Call Pick Up feature

No. UCM will only show send a PUBLISH when the line appearence is in use, not alerting. There is no call pickup functionality available in the CUPC 7.x client. You would need to use the PickUp soft key on your phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: