Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch connected to switch

townofnewmarket
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Call Manager setup.

Cisco 3560-G has the call manager and Unity.  Off of this (one of the fiber GBIC ports) is a 3560 switch.  What I need to do is hang another 3560 off of this second 3560 and run a couple of phones off of it (I may get one of the smaller 8 port 3560s for this).  Do you see any problems with this?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No problems. I have a site that have several 3560s that run fine. As long as you're passing your vlans correctly, everything should be good.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

townofnewmarket wrote:

Cisco Call Manager setup.

Cisco 3560-G has the call manager and Unity.  Off of this (one of the fiber GBIC ports) is a 3560 switch.  What I need to do is hang another 3560 off of this second 3560 and run a couple of phones off of it (I may get one of the smaller 8 port 3560s for this).  Do you see any problems with this?

Thanks.

No you should be fine if you daisy chain the switches. It's not best pratice in terms of design generally but there shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming it will look something liek -

Call manager -> 3560G -> 3560 -> 3560

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: