Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 namening error

Agor85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I discovered due some stats that my vg224 analog gateways requests for config file from ccm, though it always failes. After taking a closer look I saw that they use as file name their hostname , e.g. vg224-20.conf.xml . Of course the cm cannot find any file called like this, because the official registration names on cm are called "SKIGW2333XXXXXX" .  I do not really want to use as hostname such needles names, is there any command to force the VGs to use this SKIGW mac adress combination for config request?

For normale Voice Gateways I always have the option to adjust the hostname :-/ within CM.

Thanks and Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible that you could post the config of your VG224?

You state that in CUCM the vg224 port names start with SKIGW which would indicate to me that you are attempting to use SCCP for communication between CUCM and the VG224. However, you also state that you are seeing the VG224 request a configuration file with the hostname (vg224-20.conf.xml) which would indicate to me that the VG224 is for some reason trying to communicate using MGCP. If you could post your config, we can probably get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible that you could post the config of your VG224?

You state that in CUCM the vg224 port names start with SKIGW which would indicate to me that you are attempting to use SCCP for communication between CUCM and the VG224. However, you also state that you are seeing the VG224 request a configuration file with the hostname (vg224-20.conf.xml) which would indicate to me that the VG224 is for some reason trying to communicate using MGCP. If you could post your config, we can probably get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

Hello Adam,

thanks for encouragement to help me.

I guess you are totally right with your mgcp assumption. Let me show you a cut out of the vg config:

stcapp ccm-group 1
stcapp
!
voice-card 0
!
!
!
voice service voip
modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw
!

++++++++++++++++++++++

caller-id enable
!
voice-port 2/21
cptone DE
caller-id enable
!
voice-port 2/22
cptone DE
caller-id enable
!
voice-port 2/23
cptone DE
caller-id enable
!
ccm-manager redundant-host xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

ccm-manager mgcp
ccm-manager music-on-hold
ccm-manager config server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

ccm-manager config
!
mgcp modem passthrough voip redundancy
!
sccp local FastEthernet0/0
sccp ccm XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX identifier 1
sccp ccm XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX identifier 2
sccp ccm XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX identifier 3
sccp
!
sccp ccm group 1
associate ccm 1 priority 1
associate ccm 2 priority 2
associate ccm 3 priority 3
!
!

According to the issue I can completely remove the ccm-manager part, 'cause callmanager communicate by sccp with them, right? (I re-checked that)

I removed the unnecessary mgcp config and logs are fine now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: