Views
Helpful
Replies

Read Agent Name in UCCX script

dmurthy74
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am tasked with reading the agent name form the UCCX Script. Basically, I have a custom table residing outside the db-cra where I store some custom information about a call. I need to associate the agent who handled the call in this custom table. How do I accomplish this from the script?

Thanks in advance,
DM

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if you are looking for the name of the agent UCCX picks: the Select Resource Step is you are looking for.

Remember, once the call is connected, the script will no longer control the call, so you cannot see whether the agent picked by UCCX was the one who after all, handled the contact.

This information is only in the database of the UCCX. It is well documented. Check out the Database Schema at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_user_guide_list.html Your best bet would be AgentConnectionDetail and ContactCallDetail.

G.

Thanks for the response.

I was looking at SelectResource step too for the resourceID but have a question after reading your reply-

Under the SelectResource Step, I use the Connect step under the Selected branch. Now, under Connect, the branch Connected means that the resource picked by the UCCX actually answered the call, right? If so, then I can still use the resourceID form the SelectResource step to give me exact agent who picked up the call.

Thx,

DM

Yes and no. It's a bit more complicated.

If the script continues to the Connected branch, that's fine, but you can never be sure the same agent will actually handle the call. What happens, if the agent connected will transfer the call to a different agent? The script will never be informed about that.

G.