Views
Helpful
Replies

Interconnect two productives Fabrics

aleespro73
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Somebody know the best way (with steps) to connect two productives fabrics???

Here the scenario, the fabric 1 is one MDS 9506 with only one VSAN , the fabric 2 are 3 switch MDS 6513 in a Core-Edge topology and 3 VSANs, I need connect the single switch to the Core-Switch keeping the configuration without merge, at end get a one Fabric with 4 VSANs and use the MDS 9506 like edge-storage and be able to reach the storage connected at Edge-Storage Switch.

Are there some important considerations that I have to take???

Thank you for you help.

3 Replies 3

bfeeny
Level 1
Level 1

If the switch with 1 VSAN is not a common VSAN with the other fabric, then there should be no issue.  Simply create the VSAN on the core and trunk it to the other Fabric.  If the VSAN is one of your currently deployed VSAN's, then you need to pay careful attention to parameters that should match within the VSAN, such as timers, zones (zoneset members should be identical for like zones), etc.

Which scenerio is it, is it its own VSAN or is it a VSAN that is in common with the other Fabric?

Brian

Thanks Brian for you answer.

At the core-edge fabric exist the vSAN 21, 31, and 61 and at the single switch exist the VSAN 2 ( I have to do previous work to move at VSAN 71), so the VSAN are not common with the other fabric.

Do you have any aditional recomendation or doc?

Best Regards.

I would point you to the MDS Configuration Guide, as there is no substitute for thorough knowledge.  The short of it is, you could setup VSAN 2 on both fabrics, connect them with a TE port and you should be fine with little to no risk of disrupting either fabric.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: