- Bronze, 100 points or more
On a UC560 ( imagine it's the same for 540 and 520)-
1. What is the max timeout for a hunt blast group (ringers) ? In CCA I've plugged in a lot of seconds ( 8000) and it doesn't seem to cause an error....
The customer says they want it to ring indefinitely.
2. Is there a way to keep some sort of tag or caller id info indicating that the call is to the hunt blast group and not for your personal extension?
So I am ext 100. and part of a hunt blast for the Financial Aid Dept. If the call is for me, I answer "This is Stacy." If the call is for the financial aid team,
I answer " Financial Aid how may I help you?". In testing on my system, the caller id is that of the outside caller , which is great, but I wish there was a bit more info on the hunt blast showing me it was sent to me from the blast group.
- I tried adding a dummy extension with CFAll to the hunt blast pilot, but that doesn't trick it either.
- I don't want to create a different set of extesnsions in the blast group such that I use a 2nd button on my handset for the blast.
I'm thinking there may be a way to keep or add the "Call Forward From ...." of the dummy extension to the hunt blast as the caller id display on the phone somehow? Maybe with dial peers? translation rules?
Answer for Number 1 Only:
The blast group is a voice hunt-group, so checked CLI:
<3-60000> No Answer timeout in seconds <-- more than 16 hours of ringing
But remember that the individual line must be greater than the blast group.
UC540(config-ephone-dn)#call-forward noan 400 timeout ?
<3-60000> Ringing no answer timeout duration in seconds
So make the blast group 1 second less than any member line :-)