cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto MDI Issue

pradip.saha
Level 1
Level 1

I have one 4506E with sup card cp-wx45-sup6l-e and line card wx4648e running IOS version 12.2 (53) sg2. Other end is connected to 2950, IOS 2.1`(22).

Auto MDI is enabled on line card wx4648e with auto duplex & speed on. But operational status of the port is going down when I am connecting with a straight cable. With crossover cable it is working fine.

Waiting for urgent reply.

Thanks & Regards

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have one 4506E with sup card cp-wx45-sup6l-e and line card wx4648e running IOS version 12.2 (53) sg2. Other end is connected to 2950, IOS 2.1`(22).

Auto MDI is enabled on line card wx4648e with auto duplex & speed on. But operational status of the port is going down when I am connecting with a straight cable. With crossover cable it is working fine.

Waiting for urgent reply.

Thanks & Regards

Hi,

Cisco 2950  don't support auto-mdi/mdix, so i would suggest to begin with  the correct cable.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Hi Ganesh,

This is not the actual issue.

Actual issue is POE line cards does not work with auto mdi enabled. So, we have disabled power-line in interface config mode to get the issue resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

with auto duplex & speed on

Hold on.  What do you mean by "speed on"?  Auto MDI/MDI-X works if speed and duplex are set to AUTO.  If either one is hard-coded then auto-mdix is disabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card