cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Install works fine but in VMWare Media Check Fails

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I made a ISO image of my DVD (03/31/2010  10:41 AM     3,358,169,088 UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.3.30000-1.sgn.iso)

I can mount the ISO fine in VMWare Workstation 6.5 or VMWare Server 2.0 and install CallManager 7.1(3) fine without running the Media Check.

I later re-ran the install this time choosing Media Check and notice that it fails the media check? Is there some sort of issue with Media Check? I then burned the iso to DVD and did another install fine, but later ran the Media Check and found the DVD had failed.  What's up the the Media Check?

I then had 3 other co-workers compare the file size and they all confirmed the same file size as 3,358,169,088.

Everything works great just the Media Check fails.

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Are you using  a usb attached DVD drive when running the media check? If that's the case probably that's why it failed.

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Nope. WMWare Workstation 6.5 is using a built in DVD drive, and VMWare Server 2.0 on Lenovo T61 Laptop built-in DVD.

Problem isn't the media since it installs fine. Something with how the Media Check is performed.

I've never had an issue with Media Check on either of those platforms but I've found that the ISO file accessed directly (i.e., USB, shared drive ,etc)  is far more reliable than DVD with VMWare.  Just my 2 cents.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: