Views
Helpful
Replies

3825 Router

towerclear
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3825 router that is using the

c3825-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.T.bin IOS.  What is a correct and suitable upgrade to this IOS?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Roger,

That really depends on your requirement.  The next one higher would be IOS 15 if you have enough DRAM (256) and flash to support it.

Also do you really need to upgrade? because higher IOS does not always mean better.

HTH

Reza

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

towerclear wrote:

I have a 3825 router that is using the

c3825-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.T.bin IOS.  What is a correct and suitable upgrade to this IOS?

Thanks

It's not really as simple as that. It depends on why you are looking to upgrade ie. new features you want, bugs in release you are using, you fancy a change etc...

So you need to research your own IOS in terms of features, bugs etc. Cisco have a couple of useful tools for this sort of thing -

Feature Navigator

Software Advisor

Jon

the reasoning is more towards fancy a change since the current IOS is fairly old.

not other reason than that.

towerclear wrote:

the reasoning is more towards fancy a change since the current IOS is fairly old.

not other reason than that.

It's not that old

Personally if it has all the features you need and no bugs that affect what you are running then i would recommend staying with the IOS you have.

Jon

12.4 is not really that old.  As I said, newer does not mean better specially if every thing is working fine and you don't need any new features

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card