cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDP not working for most switches in WCS 6

shocke
Level 1
Level 1

Running WCS 6 and WLC's at 6, wcs does not show cdp neighbours for the access points except on two access points (see attached image).

One of the access points is a lwapp and the other is autonomous.  If I telnet to the switch and look at the cdp neighbours it does show me neighbours.       I have looked at the switch configs and do not see anything really different between a switch that is working and one that is not.  Any ideas?

Also Switch Port Tracing does not work for me, perhaps this is because of the same problem?

Thanks!

Eli

3 Replies 3

tkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure your switchports are void of any trunking commands.  I had this issue before and realized that during the migration from IOS to LWAPP, a "switchport trunk encap dot1q" command was left on the ports by the guys doing the migration.  Once I removed it, CDP started working on WCS views.

...Ty

That was indeed the issue.  We worked on this in a TAC case.  Good call.

I have the exact same problem. The seeing cdp neigbors when the AP is on a trunk is not possible. Why? Any links do documentation about this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card