SA540 halted - not responsive

Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2010

I just bought a SA540 and after doing the firmware upgrade it became irresponsive (frozen). I´m not even able to hard reset it. The Diag led keeps lit. Can someone help me pls?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
charlesw Wed, 05/26/2010 - 12:27

Hi James:

Thanks for reporting your issue.  For your WAN continously dropping the connection issue.  Can you provide more details?  Do you have dual WAN configured?  Do you have failover enabled? Can you PM us with your configureation?

We'd be happy to assist you to diagnose and possibly resolve the issue for you.

Regards,

Charles

charlesw Wed, 05/26/2010 - 12:54

Hi James:

You can click on my profile picture, it will bring you to the profile page, on the right corner, under Action, there is a "Send private message" link. Please let me know if you have any additional issues.

Thanks,

Charles

charlesw Wed, 05/26/2010 - 12:22

Hi:

Thank you reporting this issue.  Can you give us more details?  Such as from with image to which image are you upgrading to?

If you power cycle, were you able to get back to the previous image?

For hard reset, you might need to press and hold the reset button for 10 second to create the hard reset.

For upgrade to from 1.0.x to 1.1.42, please refer to 1.1.42 release note for some upgrade detail.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/multi_function_security/multi_function_security_appliance/sa_500/release/sa500_RN_OL2004601.pdf

If the problem persists, meaning that you are not able to access the SA anymore, we might need to issue an RMA.

Before we go through that route, few things to try are:

1.  Power cycle.

2.  Hard reset - press and hold the reset button for 10 second.

Please let us know the outcome, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Charles

Sorry for the late response.  I called support yesterday and they had me reload 1.1.42, do a factory resest, then do a restore of my config.  I have not been able to test out the appliance yet.  I plan to put the 540 back online this afternooon to check functionality and hopefully it works, otherwise, I'm going to request an RMA.

Thanks,

James

charlesw Wed, 05/26/2010 - 12:56

Hi James:

Thank you for your respond.  Please let us know if 1.1.42 fixes your issue.  If not, please PM us your configuration, we'd be happy to diagnose the issue for you.

Thank you.

Regards,

Charles

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content