cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I wanna go for CCNA

tounkara5
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to CCNA and I wanna take CCNA certification , could you please advice ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Whatever floats your boat.

Books alone didn't help me achieve my certifications.  I read a number of books numerous times and not a single thing retained in my coconut.  I wound up borrowing a number of switches and routers and then I started to learn.

Memorization of theories without any practical or hands-on experience result in "a CCIE who designed a rack-full of HP servers to be powered up using PoE".  He he he ...

View solution in original post

Thank you guys for your great insights. I think different ideas make it better for me.  Thanks again .

Hi,

If the post had really helped you, It will be good if you can rate the helpful post and mark the thread as answered so that others can be beniffitted.

All the best for future

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I am new to CCNA and I wanna take CCNA certification , could you please advice ?

Hi,

For CCNA preparation go with The Odom Cisco Press CCNA Certification Library is the best. The Sybex book is good as a 2nd source of study for the exam and try labs with GSN3 for real time simulation effect i networking world.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

pmetzger77
Level 1
Level 1

Personally, I love the Sybex books for reference, but not so much for certification. I have always found it more useful to

go straight to the horses mouth so to speak. The CCNA library from Cisco is great, and not overly expensive for what you get.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Whatever floats your boat.

Books alone didn't help me achieve my certifications.  I read a number of books numerous times and not a single thing retained in my coconut.  I wound up borrowing a number of switches and routers and then I started to learn.

Memorization of theories without any practical or hands-on experience result in "a CCIE who designed a rack-full of HP servers to be powered up using PoE".  He he he ...

tounkara5
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you guys for your great insights. I think different ideas make it better for me.  Thanks again .

Hi,

If the post had really helped you, It will be good if you can rate the helpful post and mark the thread as answered so that others can be beniffitted.

All the best for future

Ganesh.H

dweaver2009
Level 1
Level 1

CCNA Study:

1. Take a look at some blogs and forums.  Google is your friend. Verify this is what you want to do.  Read the posts and the adventures of others.

2. Go to Lulu.com and look for the free CCNA Book (about 1000+ pages or so) and it is "lab oriented" - It starts out with how to setup your PC's Terminal Server and goes from there.  Seriously - it was designed by a Cisco Academy instructor.  Did I mention it was free.

3. Go to ebay and buy the cheapest routers and switches you can find. 2 of each should be fine to start with.  Just to get a feel for it.

4. Now work through those step by step labs.  Do it every day.  If you finish the book, you can probably pass your CCNA off the top of your head.  If you can't you've spent next to nothing to find out you don't like this stuff.  Cheaper either way.

5. If you are ready got to vue.com and book the test.

Darby Weaver

Google my blog if you need to find me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card