SA540 DMZ port and LAN

Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2010

I have setup a virtual domain and virtual user webserver/mailserver and placed it on the DMZ port of my Cisco SA540 Security Appliance. Port forwarding is working fine and I can access my domains and all services from outside the network.

When I am inside the LAN when I try to access any of my websites for some reason I get redirected to the SA540 control interface. Since my server runs on virtual domains if I use the DMZ ip of my server I get redirected to the top level domain only.

I am running on the latest firmware and tried adding one by one in the /etc/hosts file to resolve the domains but no go.

This is a bot annoying since most of my time I am in the office and I can't really monitor visually what's going on with my websites.

Please advise for any way to access my website and still keep my configuration on Cisco using the DMZ port.

p.s If I change the DMZ port to WAN everything works fine, but I want to run on the DMZ for security issues and still be able to view my websites and use my domains as if I was on a different network accessing the websites from the internet.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
weilia Mon, 06/21/2010 - 13:50

HI,

SA520 latest image has the NAT Hairpining support.

I forwarded you the location to download the beta image.

Could you please let me know if your issue is fixed by this image?

thanks

wei

Actions

This Discussion