Need Cisco 642-374 CXFS Exam Guide

Unanswered Question
May 22nd, 2010

I am searching the book for Cisco 642-374 CXFS exam guide but unabe to find out any body can help me to find out the exam guide

Thanks

Irfan Hussain

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
kristof-borgers Mon, 06/07/2010 - 07:13

Same here. Information seems to be hard to find about this exam.

Are there any recommended book(s) to prepare for this exam?

alex bertran Thu, 06/10/2010 - 02:59

Hi,

me too, searching for them...

At the following sites that exam guide is listed, however not yet available to purchase:

passguide.com, certbible.org, pass-guaranteed.com, certificationtutorials.com

Previous version 642-373 is available

cheers

alex

barcelona

stephen.stack Mon, 08/30/2010 - 09:01

Hi all,

Been having a browse around PEC lately. I seem to remember good VOD stuff up there on ithat exam.

www.cisco.com/go/pec

Of course, i think, you need a CCO account linked to a Cisco partner.

Cheers

Stephen

Thanks Stephen - I had found that online course but wasn't finding much more than that.  I just figured they're be some documentation somewhere - other than a 20-hour webinar - to study for an exam.

I'll keep my eyes open and post if I find anything but so far it looks like the webinar is the extent of the training/learning material.

Brian

stephen.stack Mon, 08/30/2010 - 09:15

Hey Brian

No worries, but bear this in mind. I have just completed, CSE, CCDA and CCDP.

All VODs on PEC are almost identical in course content to the cisco press books

for the same courses. Consistency is the order of the day at Cisco.

Understand wanting to read up on the material though.

Cheers

Stephen

mariuszpianka Tue, 08/31/2010 - 05:09

It's a Joke.

I went through this video material twice. Went for the exam got 699 score  (790 required)...

There are many questions that I just could not find the answer for in this PEC.

Question "using SMART Desings increase a deal size by :  2, 3, ,5 or 10 times? " There was no single word on that in PEC.

What VOD's say is that YES, it does increase by 34 or somehing %%%%%%%%%%%%%% , not BY 2, or 3 times ?:O

I tried find anseweres for many questions in this exam and can't find them anywhere.  I'm reading white papers, and watch the videos again and there are just useless. There should be a material to READ.

but the best question of all was when I was to pick Benefits of something and I had to chose 3. But all 5 were listed from the course material !

I couldn't believe... again, it's a joke. , I need to sit again for recession bust price 120€ ..

Buyun Su Tue, 09/07/2010 - 07:22

You're sadly man and so am I

My company ask me to take the exam, I have take this twice, the score are 730, 741. It's a horrible experience for me.

alex bertran Tue, 09/07/2010 - 07:56

Hi All,

I was lucky ... I passed the exam on June... I used Q&A from the previous version 642-373 and some others that I found online...  Exam has around 65 questions... 50% (or bit less) of them you may find them in 373 exam, the rest: read material (online course in SABA is ok, it has all the content), luck and common sense...

I passed just by 5 points.

Notice that I asked to certkiller and such companies to purchase tests materials...they promised me that "in 2 weeks we will publish the new test version"... but they never did...

alex bertran Thu, 09/09/2010 - 12:35

Hi Chris,

around 50% of questions come from the 642-373 exam (the previous version)... I have a vce file that I can send u with 133 QAs, with that u can pass easily the 373...sadly u have to go for the 374 version (same I had to do), however at least that 50% are into this file... send me ur email and will reply back with the test file. Regarding the 642-374 exam, I tried and passed...but I was very lucky!! it is good u memorize the QUIZ questions regarding SMART supports, there are 3 or 4 questions about that in the exam... also there are around 4 questions regarding devices' capabilities... I guess I failed all ...he he he... try to do those QUIZes... I never understood why they make us to memorize such information for an exam!!...finally to be sincere I dont remember more... if you are not sure, better you purchase the passguide test, usually they bring 80-90% of the real questions in the exam...

good luck!

Kevin Reinert Tue, 09/14/2010 - 07:05

Does anyone have any good material yet?  I am going to the online webinar and it is very very long.

wwvan Tue, 09/14/2010 - 23:53

I think that it was for more then 10 years ago that John Chambers presented on a Cisco Partner meeting that E-Learning schould not go over 20 minutes. However Cisco's produces again a 21 Hour E-Learning, without any documentation .

However you are lucky as the cheattest industrie is getting the 642-374 available now (killtest, P4S, etc). Good luck with the test!

rwtweady Thu, 09/16/2010 - 17:53

Hello all,

Just a little feedback on the test.  Unfortunately, I was under a time constraint to pass this test in a month. I went thru the Web learning twice before taking the test last week and failed it with a 775 (needed a 790).   This test was difficult because you can't readily print out the info you need and have to memorize all the smart design sections, especially the documents used in sales. Also the material is all over the map with IPSEC,  vtp, Lifecycle,  then they hit you with some sales questions.

After failing, I decided to study more focusing on the topics I missed on smart designs, unified communications, etc and went thru the Web learning 3x again printing out screencaps of the slide presentations on all the topics I could remember from the test, especially smart designs, Small Biz Pro products, warranties, etc.  I wrote down notes on the printouts and studied them quite abit.

I will be honest, I still struggled with this test during the 2nd testing, as quite a few new questions were thrown in, but luckily I knew the Cisco Life cycle process inside and out and got 100% on that which bailed me out in other areas, so I passed the second time around with a score of 860.

You really have to know your stuff to pass this test on the first try without anything beside the web learning, and even on the 2nd try I got a lot of new questions that I had some trouble with.  Study hard if you want this one with just the web learning, I'm not going to lie it is tough. Gluck!

smajcen Sun, 03/20/2011 - 08:48

Anyone has access to the new exam 642-374 cxfs?  I am going through the material on PEC but it's taking so long!  I need to pass the exam by march 27th.

Any advice is appreciated!

Calin Chiorean Fri, 05/20/2011 - 04:07

Hello all,

I have to take the CXFS 642-374 for my company (and I mean company, this exam does not help me at all). In my entire career I took quite a lot of exams, but this is the only one for which there is very less information. Almost nothing (no plan, no blueprint, no official cert guide...). Since I'm a technical guy, I have no problem with technical questions, but the rest, pre-sales and technical sales...I don't know what I will do with them.

I assume that you have to work in the "sales" field to be familiar with those questions, but for me this is not the case. So, it remains that PEC materials (btw, do you have to pay for them if you have a CCO account?!) and...that's it. I mean you can find pieces of information on the web, but without a blueprint it's hard to focus on the subjects Cisco expect you to know.

Anybody took this exam recently? Any advice for me? I don't want you to break the NDA, but some guidelines I will appreciate.

Thanks,

Calin

Actions

This Discussion