Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AGENT DISCONNECT

Dear,

I'm currently using UCCX 7.0(1)SR05_Build504 Enhanced. I have the servers centralized in our data centre and the agents are residing in a remote site.

Regardless the bandwidth (that is 10MB MPLS), is there special consideration in the agent or server parameters for such setup?

My problem is that the agents keep on disconnecting from time to time and the disconnection is for 1 or 2 seconds.

appreciate your advice

Regards,

Zaid,

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you are talking about the connection between CAD and the contact center servers, correct?  IOW, your CAD is intermittently disconnecting.  The CAD communication with the CCX server is not really that bandwidth intensive but I don't have specific numbers to give you Cisco best practice on latency, bandwidth, etc. for JUST the CAD communication.  Cisco design guides focus more on the audio channel and concerns around ensure voice calls can complete successfully.

That being said, having adequate bandwidth in and of itself is not enough.  You will want to ensure you have end-to-end QoS from the remote site, through the MPLS network, and to the central site.  Further, the CAD communication to the UCCX system (TCP 42027) should be set to CS3 (DSCP).

You could also check end-to-end latency to see if your network is performing the way you expect/hope.  Long and short, bandwidth by itself is not enough.  Make sure you don't have link saturation, check qos, etc.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

CAD likes a low latency connection. 100ms one-way.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: