Hi every body.
i have few questions about private vlan.
1) Can a private vlan have more than one promiscuous port?
2) consider the following scenario:
sw1 has vlan 1
sw2 has vlan2
sw3 has vlan3
We want to implement private vlan feature on vlan1
We implement that feature as;
vlan 4 secondary
vlan 5 isolated.
We want these vlans( vlan1,4,5) to communicate with each other at layer 3. But sw1 does not have any port connected to router , so we can not assign any port as promiscuous port. How can we acheive that goal i.e enabling communication at L3 among vlans 1,4, 5? please note that we want limited communication among these vlans 1,4,5 for that we already configured access lists on router.
3) consider the following scenario:
sw1------trunk------------sw2----trunk ----sw3--Dhcp server
Sw1 has vlan1
sw2 has vlan 2
sw3 has vlan 3
Dhcp server is in vlan3
we want hosts in vlan 1 be assigned ip address from the pool 126.96.36.199/8
we want hosts in vlan 2 be assigned ip addresses from the pool 188.8.131.52/8
we face following challenges.
1) dhcp server being in vlan3 can not hear any dhcp requests from hosts in vlan 1 and hosts in vlan2.
How can we overcome this issue?
2) Given that we overcame the above issue, we face yet another challenge . In order for dhcp server to assign ip address from the pool 184.108.40.206/8
Dhcp must be able to tell which dhcp requests come from vlan 1 hosts and which dhcp requets come from vlan2 hosts.
How can we overcome this challenge?
Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend.