Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM Performance Monitor - MCP Process is down

dedra_live
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have upgraded the CSM and Performance Monitor to 3.3. Yet I have getting the following error

MCP Process is down.Please Restart MCP Process !!

Please advise what could be the reason for this error.

Below is the list display under Software Center.

Auto Update Server3.3.0

CiscoWorks Common Services3.2.0

Performance Monitor3.3.0

Cisco Security Manager3.3.0

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

brquinn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When restarting CSM's services, make sure you use the Daemon Manager. You can start and stop the services via the services panel or by command line. After you start the Daemon Manager allow 5 minutes for the services to start before attempting to launch MCP.

Ex:

net stop crmdmgtd

net start crmdmgtd

If the problem persists, please check the following.

Do you meet the minimum RAM and Hard Drive requirements?

Are you running low on disk space?

Are there any programs running on the server that can potentially cause disruption? (ex: CSA, 3rd party firewall, antivirus software, etc.)

Thanks,

Brendan

Hello,

The server configurations meets the requirements.

Could you please advise what should be services startup parameters/state for CSM services. I have manually started the web server as it doesn't start up by the given command 'net start crmdmgtd'. I have also disabled CSA and Symantec Anti Virus.

Please suggest.

Please assist.

Thanks.

Dedra,

The NetPro forums are a best effort forum.  It sounds like you are having major issues with your CSM services, so I  would suggest opening a TAC case for immediate assistance. Be ready to  supply the CSMDiagnostics.zip. This can be run on the Client by going to  Tools > Security Manager Diagnostics.

You should never start any of the CSM services  manually. If a service does not start when you start the daemon manager,  there must be a reason. First, you should check your Windows Event  Viewer. Do you see any related messages in the Application or System  logs?

Also note that sometimes the quickest way to get MCP back up and running is to uninstall and reinstall. This is not always an option, but if it is, it is usually easier than spending a lot of time troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Brendan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card