Views
Helpful
Replies

Server Load Balancing

Jaffery.28
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I would like to know that how can i load balance traffic across multiple servers in a round robin fashion on MAC base.

I mean that incoming user traffic will get the reply from 1st server MAC ,  2nd request will get the responce from 2nd server

MAC and so on.

If any 1 know about this perticular issue then kindly let me know.

Regards

Ali Jaffery    

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi,

I would like to know that how can i load balance traffic across multiple servers in a round robin fashion on MAC base.

I mean that incoming user traffic will get the reply from 1st server MAC ,  2nd request will get the responce from 2nd server

MAC and so on.

If any 1 know about this perticular issue then kindly let me know.

Regards

Ali Jaffery

Ali Jaffery,

Server load balancing in cisco switches for server traffic or separate hardware for load balancing, If cisco ios based load balancing check out the below link:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_configuration_example09186a0080093de3.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

thnx for your help and giving me the link, but that will not according to my scenerio, it's giving me the config and concept of L3 base

load balancing. I want to do the same thing on MAC address base , that 1st request will entertain by 1st server MAC address and

2nd request will entertain via 2nd server MAC address and so on .... in a round robin way

Network diagram will exactly the same as shown in this link but wana don that load balancing on L2 base.

Ali Jaffery.

thnx for your help and giving me the link, but that will not according to my scenerio, it's giving me the config and concept of L3 base

load balancing. I want to do the same thing on MAC address base , that 1st request will entertain by 1st server MAC address and

2nd request will entertain via 2nd server MAC address and so on .... in a round robin way

Network diagram will exactly the same as shown in this link but wana don that load balancing on L2 base.

Ali Jaffery.

Ali Jaffery,

Check out the below link

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1t/12_1t5/feature/guide/iosslb5t.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

1ce again this is for (IP) base scenerio not for (MAC) base load balancing ,  oki do any 1 have any idea about any L2 redudancy protocol

for L2 switches , any example configuratation that can be done on Layer 2 switch ???

Regards

Ali Jaffery.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card