Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP Settings

m.metwally
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have CUCM ver 6.1.3.1, I try to enable it to update from SNTP server via Cisco Unified OS Administration/Settings/NTP and in the NTP Servers List I add the SNTP Server IP and upon saving I get the message "The NTP service not accessible.". is there any other setting I should set to allow this work?

4 Replies 4

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

SNTP  is not supported by Cisco devices including CUCM, routers, switches etc.

Try synching CUCM directly to a "proper" NTP source rather than to SNTP - I assume that your SNTP source is a Windows server?

For more details check out the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080a23d02.shtml#wtm

Dear Jams,

I'd like to thank you so much for your response and Ihave another question

(I already set the NTP server and the CUCM can access it but the phone devices are not updated with the NTP server time). How I adjust the Poll Interval (every how many minutes I get updater from the NTP server)?

Hi,

I do not believe that it is possible to change the NTP polling interval for CUCM.

You can the server has the correct time and timezone. This can be done using the show status command on the console

The IP phones set their time according to the CallManager Date/Time group associated with the Device Pool to which the phones are allocated. Have you set this correctly?

m.metwally
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

The Date/Time group is already set to the correct time zone and used by the proper Device Pool but, already there's about 3 minutes difference between the NTP server time and the time shown on the phone devices.

is there any way to attach the NTP Server to the Date/Time group used or there is no need for this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: