Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4507 as NTP server

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How do i configure a Cisco 4507 switch as NTP Server in my network ?

regards

Neo

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

How do i configure a Cisco 4507 switch as NTP Server in my network ?

regards

Neo

Hi Neo,

If you want to make 4507 as NTP server for your network just make the local time up to date and configure as ntp master 3 and for ntp client just make this switch ip reachble and configure in client end ntp server switch ip address.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpfulpost

Hi ,

Please let me know how do i verify that NTP is synching ? when i do a sh clock on client switch it is showing me a local time of the switch but when i do sh ntp status or sh ntp association  over there it is showing that NTP is synched ? please help

On server i did

ntp master 3

ntp boradcastdelay 3

on client i did

ntp server

regards

Neo

Dear Neo,

If you are giving sh ntp status, You can get the details of NTP Server IP and Time what you configured in Server..Then what is the problem?

Clock is synchronized, stratum 3, reference is x.x.x.x(NTP Server IP Address)
nominal freq is 250.0000 Hz, actual freq is 249.2265 Hz, precision is 2**24
reference time is CFAA0016.C3958320 (14:10:54.764 IST Fri May 28 2010)
clock offset is 13.4430 msec, root delay is 20.48 msec
root dispersion is 19.18 msec, peer dispersion is 0.67 msec

Tks&Rgds

Senthil

Hi ,

Please let me know how do i verify that NTP is synching ? when i do a sh clock on client switch it is showing me a local time of the switch but when i do sh ntp status or sh ntp association  over there it is showing that NTP is synched ? please help

On server i did

ntp master 3

ntp boradcastdelay 3

on client i did

ntp server

regards

Neo

Hi Neo,

show ntp associations  is the command with which you can determine if NTP is working and communicating properly,check out the below link for more information

http://www.ciscoonline.info/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/products_tech_note09186a008015bb3a.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card