cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM and licencing

CSCO11256353
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, i am a little confused with licencing scheme used in CM. if i am making a proposal for call manager which licenses i have to include and why ?

like for example, i am going to use MCS server 7825, with CM 7.1 and the total number of device are 100 which includes 80 units of 7911 and 20 units of 7940 phones. based on the above details i came up with a BoQ like this:

- MCS7825I4-K9-CMC2 : this will be CM server.

- LIC-CM7.1-7825=        : this is the applicance licences for the 7825 server

- LIC-CM-DL-100=         : this is the Device unit licences

Now, are these licences ok or am i missing somoething like this part number: CM7.1-K9-X3250-M2

Q2: when i have purchase the DLU license, do i have to purchase the phone licences seperatly as well like this part number: SW-CCM-UL-7965 .

Thanks in advance.

Regards

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are doing DLU-based licensing, your count is wrong.  It is not a 1x1 phone to DLU ratio.  The number of DLU's consumed by a phone varies but for 794X/796X, you generally need 4 DLU's per phone.  I do not recall the 7911 off-hand but that is definitely off.  If you are doing CUWL (or UWL) licensing, this becomes an entirely different conversation.

Hailey

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just to add a note to the great tips from my friend Hailey (+5 Hailey!)

When you order the CUCM build you will receive a "Software Feature License" so make

sure this is loaded or the CCM Service won't start

You don't require individual phone licenses with new CUCM builds just the applicable

number of DLU's. Here is your count;

So  20(7940) x 4 =  80
and 80(7911) x 3 = 240
           TOTAL = 320 DLU's

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727