cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1.2 rebooted at 1am how come?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Unity Connection 7.1.2.20000-2 rebooted at 1am according to show status (uptime).

In Windows I can look at the Event Log and determine why a server rebooted, if users chose reboot they have to type an explanation, etc. In Platform what can I look at to ascertain why server rebooted, eg lost power vs utils systems restart, in IOS I can show ver to determin was by “Power On” etc.

Oddly it was at exactly midnight.

Ideally a show command for a log (var\log\messages) would be great but I'll take anything  -jason

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You've got RTMT.  Connect to the server and check the syslog events to see if anything pops out.  That'd be the first line of defense.

Hailey

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I concur with Hailey, you can look at application/syslog eventson the Unity connection.  Start looking at events leading up to 01:00.  As far as checking to see if a restart was sent from CLI, you can look at the audit log:

admin:file search activelog audit/AuditApp/* "utils system restart"

Searching path: /var/log/active/audit/AuditApp/*
/var/log/active/audit/AuditApp/Audit00000006.log:05/04/2010 18:24:10.965 |LogMessage   UserID :admin  ClientAddress :10.3.4.20  Severity :3  EventType :CLICommand  ResourceAccessed:GenericCLI  EventStatus :Success  AuditDetails :CLI Command-> utils system restart  ComponentID :CLI App ID:Command Line Cluster ID: Node ID:iecucm01|
/var/log/active/audit/AuditApp/Audit00000008.log:05/24/2010 10:48:52.104 |LogMessage   UserID :admin  ClientAddress :10.3.4.20  Severity :3  EventType :CLICommand  ResourceAccessed:GenericCLI  EventStatus :Success  AuditDetails :CLI Command-> file search activelog audit/AuditApp/* "utils system restart"  ComponentID :CLI App ID:Command Line Cluster ID: Node ID:iecucm01|

Search completed

admin:

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: