Views
Helpful
Replies

CAS signalling and E1 card

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Dear all,

I am a newbie in voice so pls dont mind if i ask something stupid or ambiguous.

Suppose i have a E1 card that cant be divided into slots. I think its called unstructured(or unbalanced ?) E1 card. Since i cant divide it into slots, i cant use CCS because there are no slots. So in such a case, can i use CAS signalling and will it work ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello John.

If you can not configure timeslot, you can not use it as CAS. Because CAS also need timeslots. The Card type you are you talking can only be use for Data as it can use as full E1/T1.

Hope this helps

Thank you

- abu

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which exact card (part number) do you have, which exact router, and what are you trying to do ?

Dear Sir,

Any E1 card that doesnt support time slotting. This is what we call unstructured E1 right ? pls correct me if i am wrong.

Router is lets say 2801.

I am not asking anything related to real life. Just want to clear my concepts as to whether i am thinking in right direction. Consider this question from a voice student

Pls clear it

The only cards you can use for E1 voice are the VWIC and VWIC2.

Nothing else will work.

Dear Sir, pls dont consider it a dissrespect as i really like your knowledge (i have seen your other posts).

But in my case, i am sorry you are not at all being clear. I already mentioned, i am a total newbie, your answers are not at all relevant to what i am asking. Pls either clarify in detail, or leave the post and let others help me out.

I know its being sound harsh and i am really sorry. I know all the expert would have mind what i said but after ppl seeing that some one replied, they will not try to answer it. (it happened to me in past) and my confusions remained unanswered

Thanks, anyone else pls clear my confusion..

Can someone clear it for me pls ?

Hello John.

If you can not configure timeslot, you can not use it as CAS. Because CAS also need timeslots. The Card type you are you talking can only be use for Data as it can use as full E1/T1.

Hope this helps

Thank you

- abu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: