cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service restart - License

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We have CCM 6.1.5 I recently uploaded a license to call manager and it asks to restart the Unified

Communications Manager Service. I looked under Network Services and Feature Services and did not see this service. I it possibly named something else or in another location?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

It should be called CM Service

Starting, Stopping, Restarting, and Refreshing Status of Services in Control Center

Control Center in Cisco CallManager Serviceability allows you to view status, refresh the status, and to start, stop, and restart Cisco CallManager services for a particular server in a cluster.

Procedure

Step 1 Depending on the service type that you want to start/stop/restart/refresh, perform one of the following tasks:

•Choose Tools > Control Center—Feature Services > CM service

Tip You can only start/stop/restart feature services that are activated. To activate a service, see the "Activating and Deactivating Feature Services" section.

•Choose Tools > Control Center—Feature Services.

Step 2 From the Server drop-down list box, choose the server.

The window displays the service names for the server that you chose, the service type, and service status. The window also displays the status of the services (Started, Running or Stopped)

Step 3 Perform one of the following tasks:

•Click the radio button next to the service that you want to start and click the Start button.

The Status changes to reflect the updated status.

•Click the radio button next to the service that you want to restart and click the Restart button.

A message indicates that restarting may take a while. Click OK.

•Click the radio button next to the service that you want to stop and click the Stop button.

The Status changes to reflect the updated status.

•To get the latest status of the services, click the Refresh button.

•To go to the Service Activation window or to the other Control Center window, choose an option from the Related Links drop-down list box and click Go.

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

If I restart the CM service will that affect phone service. I do not want to cause a problem with people making or receiving calls in  the middle of the work day.

If restarting this service will not affect that I will restart it.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Yes, this service should be started after hours

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: