cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many RPS2300 750W Power Supplies for 2 3750E-24PD sw stack?

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I am on deployment and am building a 3750E (3750E-24PD) switch stacks consisting of 2 switches each. There is on RPS2300 with 1 750Watt power supply (C3K-PWR-750WAC) and 1 CAB power supply (CAB-RPS2300-E) cable ordered. I'm trying to figure out whether I can provide power backup to at least one of the two switches in the stack  given my Bill of Materials, or whether any particular configuration is required on the stack switches.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am on deployment and am building a 3750E (3750E-24PD) switch stacks consisting of 2 switches each. There is on RPS2300 with 1 750Watt power supply (C3K-PWR-750WAC) and 1 CAB power supply (CAB-RPS2300-E) cable ordered. I'm trying to figure out whether I can provide power backup to at least one of the two switches in the stack  given my Bill of Materials, or whether any particular configuration is required on the stack switches.

Thanks!

Hi,

Check out the below link for power supply requirement for 3750 switch in stack.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps7077/product_data_sheet0900aecd805bbe67.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Thanks for replying but it really doens't tell me about how many supplies per switch per stack. I've also looked in some of the install and maintenance docs to see if there's any required commands for setup, but I haven't found anything. "RPS" LEDs on both switches in the stack are amber, even though there are two 750 W PSs in the RPS, and the 3750-24PD-Es are both cabled to the RPS and connected to AC. Doesn't seem right, althouhg most docs infer that 750W supplies are all that is needed for the 24PD. I would think there is one supply needed to back up one switch. Can one supply backup two switches if cabled and only one switch goes down??

THANKS!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card